2020 Fall Symposium – October 9th 2020
October 9th 2020 Omaha, NE Agile Construction® for Project Management Our industry continues its journey toward industrialization. The most competitive companies will be those applying Agile Construction® concepts that support Project Managers in planning, execution and controlling throughout the lifecycle of their … Read More
Agile Construction® for the Electrical Contractor (Required reading for all Agile Classes)
Agile Construction for the Electrical Contractor provides the tools and guidance needed to transform a traditional, reactive project management style to a new, proactive, profitable, and productive business management model – one that can quickly respond to changing industry needs … Read More
Book 4 – Efficiency and Continuous Improvement: Survival of the Unfits
This fourth and final book in the series on industrialization explains how to use the first three MCA-researched books that had examined operational effectiveness, becoming more efficient, and planning to survive both the current environment and all the upcoming changes … Read More
Agile Construction® – Live Training Webinars Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Agile Construction allows the contractor to rapidly adapt to jobsite changes in order to complete each project profitably and efficiently. The agility of the contractor at the job site affects the profits. This course focuses on the base for good labor productivity and measurement, job scheduling and planning as well as the base for procurement management and prefabrication: The Work Breakdown Structure.
What will you gain?
The most profitable and productive projects are a result of effective project planning. A solid Work Breakdown Structure is imperative to lay the proper foundation. WBS is the Project Road Map and Build Process tailored exactly to the need of construction project. It is created by the foreman or supervisor, who will run the job and be reviewed by the project manager. An accurate WBS allows the project team to transparently track work, reduce waste, prevent errors and improve accuracy to promote safer and more cost effective projects. This program will explain how to break down the job using WBS and discuss decision making factors that define the project, as well as accurate work breakdown structure.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Define and do a Work Breakdown Structure for your own project
- Explain how to apply WBS to a project
- Discuss the benefits WBS brings to a project
How does the webinar work?:
- An Agile Construction® Expert will be teaching the class through live video streaming. You will be able to interact and see the instructor as well as the power point projection on your screen. In addition you will be able to share your camera so the interaction with the instructor is ‘live’ and in real time.
- You will need webinar equipment: Web-camera, speakerphone or audio connection to the PC, stable internet connection, large screen connected to the PC so participants can see presenter and presentation; As well as a room that fits all participants (up to 10 people) and the Webinar equipment
- You are encouraged to bring your project information (drawings, contract documents, project schedules, WBS, etc.) with you and you can work through the classes with an existing job to get the full value out of your attendance!
- 4 hour intense session
- Up to 12 participants possible
- Cost: $350 per person
- If you want to schedule a webinar for a certain date, please contact us
To register or for any questions, please email Sonja Daneshgari at email@example.com or
call (810) 232-9797
Agile Construction® Class – Level 101 San Jose, California – June 22nd & 23rd, 2020
AGILE CONSTRUCTION® TRAINING
Agile Construction® is hitting the road and coming to a town near you. On June 22nd & 23rd we will be in San Jose, California.
These classes will teach the principles, exercised successfully by other industries and will focus on:
- WBS® (WBS, Work Breakdown Structure)
- JPAC® (Job Productivity Assurance and Control)
- SIS® (Short Interval Scheduling)
- Externalizing Work® through Prefabrication & Agile Procurement® including application of IMLS™ (Integrated Material Logistics Solution)
Two full days of Agile Construction® Classes:
Wednesday, June 22nd
8:00am – 12:00pm: WBS
1:00pm – 5:00pm: JPAC®
Thursday, June 23rd
7:00am – 11:00am: SIS®
12:00pm – 3:00pm: Externalizing Work® through Prefabrication and
Agile Procurement® including application of IMLS™
Class Pricing: Total: $1,540.00 $1,360.00
Class Requirements: Agile Construction® for the Electrical Contractor book…$55.95 + s/h click here.
Agile Distribution® / Application of Lean Principles
ISBN: 10: 1978279760
Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 6.8 x 0.5 inches
Electrical Contractors – Resume Work – Planning Session Live Webinar – June 25th
Do you know what is needed to ensure a good start up after the epidemic?
Sudden shut downs of construction sites as we have seen in Boston and San Francisco, as well as close downs of entire businesses have or will leave also you and your business with a lot of unplanned work behind. This work will come at you sooner than late once the situation has calmed down and life turns back to normal. Now is the time to get your business ready and plan for the necessary steps ahead after the coronavirus pandemic.
– What you do today will determine how this year ends for your business –
Now is the time to get your business ready and plan for the necessary steps ahead after the coronavirus pandemic.
The jobs will fall behind and and you will most likely be faced with:
- Employees not prepared or equipped to work and collaborate with each other from home
- Schedule delays and schedule compression
- Trade stacking and productivity losses
- Shortage of skilled labor will be aggravated
- Supply shortage and material delays
- Increasing project cost that the GCs/customers are not expecting/able to pay
For years, MCA has been teaching and helping companies to start Externalizing Work® as part of becoming an agile contractor. Like most business owners, you didn’t see this coming and you aren’t quite sure how to manage and mitigate the negative impacts that the current situation has on your business. Now, the need for you, as a contractor, to think broader than prefabrication and vendor services management to support your project and business has come even quicker and sudden than ever expected.
What will you gain from this webinar?
This course is focused what the Electrical Contractor need to do to ensure a strong start up as we are going back to normality. We will review ‘hands-on’ practices on how to plan, prepare, document and capture the important information that will be needed to start up the job again under even more pressure then we have ever experience before. As well as how to use the ‘idle’ time to be ready for the start up after the epidemic, to ensure your project stay profitable and your cashflow recovers as fast as possible.
Following this course, you will :
- Be able to develop a clear action plan for your ongoing and upcoming projects to plan ahead and prepared for the upcoming schedule squeeze
- Be able to identify which tasks need to be done now to be able to support the fast and stacked work later
- Have a roadmap on how to use the ‘standing still’ time to prepare for what is coming
- Clear action plan and to define next steps to start up your project again
How does the webinar work?:
- An Agile Construction® Expert will teach the class through live video streaming. You will be able to interact and see the instructor as well as the power point presentation on your screen. In addition you will be able to share your camera so the interaction with the instructor is ‘live’ and in real time.
- You will need webinar equipment: Web-camera, speakerphone or audio connection to the PC, a stable internet connection, a large screen connected to the PC so participants can see presenter and presentation
- You are encouraged to bring your project information
- Agile Construction® for the Electrical Contractor book…$55.95 + s/h click here.
- Date: Thursday June, 25th, 2020
- Time: 9:30am – 1:30pm EST 4 hour intense session
- Up to 12 participants possible, first come first serve
- Cost: $500 per person
- If you want to schedule a webinar for a different date, please contact us
To register or for any questions, please book per click below or email Sonja Daneshgari at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (810) 232-9797
Click here for more information.